123.hp.com/setup – Printer Setup
Use this website to download the necessary software for your printer to your device. Type in your printer name or model number to find the compatible software that your device needs to proceed with the printing. Irrelevant of the device you are using, you need appropriate printer software to meet the printing needs that you can find here.
What to check when you Unbox your HP printer?
When you unbox your printer, look for the following things.
The HP printer
Easy start guide
How to complete basic HP printer setup settings?
Refer to the steps below to complete the HP printer setup settings.
- Unbox your printer and proceed with laying down all the accessories that came along with the package. Remove all the packaging and casing on the printer. Also, get rid of the filler materials and Styrofoam on the cartridge door and the scanner glass.
- Now connect the power cable to the printer and the other end to the wall socket. Power up your printer; one end to the printer and the other end to the wall socket. After the printer turns ON, proceed to complete the basic setup.
- The printer will ask you for a date, time, language, and region. Some printers may ask for the time-zone, as it differs from model to model. After you complete the initial setup, go on to install the ink cartridges in your printer.
- You should hear a click sound when you are installing the cartridges, only then it will fit in perfectly. Load up your paper stack and use the guides to position the papers.
- Once the initial setup is done, your printer will print an alignment page to check the nozzle’s status. You can modify it accordingly now itself. Hook up the printer with your device and download the recommended software using 123.hp.com/setup.
How to link your HP printer to a wireless network?
Follow the steps below to connect your HP printer to a wireless network.
The simplest method is by using the wireless button on your printer. Look for the wireless button on your printer. Press and hold the wireless button for a minimum of 3 seconds. Now, you will see the wireless button glowing. At the backside of your router, you can see the WPS button on your router, press it and hold it for a minimum of 3 seconds. Make sure your router and the printer is nearby so that it is easy to pair. Both the devices will automatically pair; just connect the computer to the same network, for a successful pairing.
Using the control panel
- Go to the “wireless setting menu.”
- Here, select “wireless-protected setup.”
- You can either choose the PIN or the BUTTON to complete the setup.
- The button is the easiest method, though.
- Now, once you select the BUTTON option, your printer will search for the device to pair.
- Push the WPS button on your router to begin the pairing process.
- After a few seconds, you can see the router and the device pairing with each other.
How to perform wired setup for your HP printer?
Before proceeding with the wired setup, use an Ethernet cable to establish a connection between the router and computer.
- Turn ON the printer and remove any casings at the Ethernet port. Connect the printer to the router using an Ethernet cable. Ensure that there are no loose ends at the point of contact.
- Now install the necessary software for the printer to work correctly. Using your browser, surf to this link to download the necessary software for your printer. Once you are on the page, you can enter your printer model or name to find the relevant driver for your printer and device.
- Go to support.hp.com to download the necessary software for your device. You can use the HP easy start to complete the downloading and installation process. You can even change the version of the operating system from the default version available.
- At the stage of choosing the printer connection, select the “wired network” option. You can now proceed to print or scan or fax to proceed further.
How to print using Windows?
Your printer is highly compatible with devices sporting Windows operating system. Follow the steps below to print using the Windows device.
- Double click the document which you want to print.
- Once open, press “Ctrl+P” to launch the printing menu.
- From this print menu, choose the printer that is connected with your PC.
- You can make modifications by selecting the orientation option.
- It is up to you to choose between single-sided or double-sided printing.
- Once you have chosen your preference, complete the process by opting to print.
How to print using the MAC?
To print using the MAC, follow the steps below.
- Open your document and select the file option to see the dropdown menu.
- Once the dropdown menu is open, you can see the “print” option on the list.
- Click on it. You can also click on the “function + p” as a shortcut to print.
- Here you can select the printer from which you have to print.
- You can also choose the number of copies you want to print.
- You can also add a cover page if you want.
- Opt to select the PDF option, if you want to print the documents in that format.
- As the final step, click on “print” to finish the process.
HP Printer Models
HP printer setup issues and quick fixes
Do not let these HP setup issues interfere with your printing needs. Simply follow the quick remedies and get rid of all those problems that arise during the setup process. Refer 123.hp.com/setup to complete your process without any hiccups.
By entering this website, 123hpcomm.com and using any information provided on it is at your own risk. We provide details and data on the website, 123hpcomm.com for informational purposes only.