HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Setup
HP – the company that reinvents, has undoubtedly produced some of the best printers in the market. There are only a handful of companies that focus on the accessibility and the real-life situations people face day-to-day. HP is one of them. Apart from laptops, the printer lineup from the HP is a great choice to opt for. In the era of stuffing the words on the spec-sheet, HP has taken a step back from this strategy and gave the optimized old-school printer that doesn’t scan or fax, but prints really good. Read this blog to find out everything you want to know about the HP Laserjet Pro M254dw Setup.
How to kick-start?
The HP laserjet pro M254dw setup is one of the easiest things to complete. The process can be divided into the following parts,
- The initial setup.
- The printer to computer setup.
- Installation of the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw drivers and software.
All you have to do is to complete the process by moving one step at a time.
Before we move to the setup process, let’s find out what comes in the box.
The package will consist of…
- The HP laserjet pro M254dw printer
- A power cord
- Easy start guide
- USB cable
- Printer software CD
- HP LaserJet ink cartridges
The HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Setup Process
Follow the steps below to complete the initial setup of the HP M254dw printer.
- Unbox the printer from the package.
- Make sure you remove the printer correctly and safely; even though the printer is durable, it can only withstand so much damage.
- Remove all the protective cases and covers on the printer including the Styrofoam and tapes on the device.
- Lay down all the materials from your package-the power cord, USB cable, etc.
- This will enable you to complete the HP LaserJet Pro M254dw setup as easy as possible.
Loading the paper
This printer supports two-sided printing, so make sure you choose the paper accordingly.
- At the bottom, you can see the paper tray on the printer.
- Simply pull the tray towards you by the handle.
- Once you pull the paper tray, you can see the paper width and guides on the input tray.
- You can adjust these things according to your requirements. The size of the paper can be A4 as it is most common in the states; you can try different sizes too.
- Now place the paper at the input tray as precisely as possible.
- Adjust the paper width and guides to avoid swaying of the papers.
- Also, keep a lookout on how much is the height of the stack. The paper tray should sit perfectly in the printer.
- If your stack is taller than the space provided in the printer, make sure to slack some height.
- Now push the input paper tray back in its slot.
Connecting the Printer
The steps are straightforward and are similar to connecting any other similar equipment to the power source.
- Use the power cord from the box to connect the printer to a wall socket.
- The other end of the cable should go into the backside of the printer.
- Power up your printer.
- Now use the control panel on your printer to set your preferences.
- You have to set basic preferences like language, date, time-zone, etc.
- Simply swipe up to toggle between the pages and just touch the option to select it. It is like using your regular touch screen on your phone or laptop.
- You should also mention your country or region in your printer to better suit your needs.
- There will be two options before you now – self-managed and IT managed.
- Self-managed is for homes and small offices. The IT managed is the advanced level where you have an IT official who takes care of the connection.
- Once you select the option suitable for you, click on continue.
Connect HP LaserJet Pro M254dw to Computer
To do this, make sure you have the following details about your network and device.
- SSID/ the network name
- Security key for the network
- Internet access
- The printer
- A laptop or computer that is connected with the wireless network.
- After the initial setup, if you have any USB cables or Ethernet cables on your device, remove them,
Find the wireless setup wizard on your printer from the control panel.
- Launch the wireless setup wizard by following, network setup> wireless menu>wireless setup wizard.
- Once you select the wireless setup wizard, the device will scan for all the available networks within the device’s range.
- Select your wireless network from the list and enter the security key for that particular network.
- Voila, your printer is now connected to your device.
Now you have to download the appropriate drivers and software for the printer.
Install HP LaserJet Pro M254dw Driver and Software
Think of the drivers and software as the bridge between the computer and your printer. They help computers to interact with the printers. So this is undeniably an important step to complete during the setup process.
- The software should be of the latest version for your printer to work properly.
- Even though a CD is sent along with the package, it is recommended to download the software from the site directly.
- Visit 123.hp.com/laserjet to see the recommended software.
- Once you select the model of your printer, simply hit the download button.
- A file will download on your device; launch it.
- Once you launch the file, you can see the HP easy start starting up.
- Simply follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- All the available printers will show up on your device to complete the installation process.
- If you see multiple devices on the application, simply connect the one that you want to connect to.
- If the HP easy start didn’t find your printer, follow the instructions on the application to complete the setup.
- Once the device is set, go to 123.hp.com on your computer and complete the process by registering the printer.
Do not hesitate to contact our technical support team @ +1-866-219-1890, who are more than happy to help you resolve your problems.